Advance your career and follow your passion. Earn a degree in Fire, Arson & Explosion Investigation from EKU Online.
- Accelerated 8-week terms, with courses beginning 6 times per year
- Flexible online learning format from a respected, accredited university
- Affordable quality courses delivered by instructors who are recognized for teaching excellence, as well as their successes in the field as former fire chiefs, fire marshals, engineers, and investigators.
- Hands-on learning opportunities at the newly-renovated EKU Fire Lab*
- IFSAC-accredited degrees and ABET-accredited Fire Protection and Safety Engineering Technology program
- Ranked by Military Times as one of the Top 5 schools for veterans in the nation
- Ranked by U.S. News and World Report among the best universities offering online degrees
The United States Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts employment of fire inspectors and investigators to increase as much as 9 percent by 2020 and employment in fire protection and related professions could increase as much as 11 percent. The median salary of fire professionals with bachelor’s degrees is 50% higher than that of those with a high school diploma, and fire protection engineers have some of the highest starting salaries.
WHY CHOOSE EKU?
Eastern Kentucky University is a regionally-accredited, brick-and-mortar institution that is ranked among the nation's best colleges and has been educating students for more than a century. EKU has received numerous honors, including being named one of the best online colleges in the nation and one of the most veteran friendly campuses.